- BA in Economics (cum laude), Universidad de San Andrés.
- CFA Charterholder, Association for Investment Management and Research.
- MSc in Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Minister of Economy and Production of Argentina (December 2007-April 2008).
- Chairman of the Banco de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, third largest and oldest bank in the country, with assets of AR$26 billion, 350 branches, and 11,500 employees (2005-2007).
- President of Grupo Bapro S.A., a holding with leading firms in the areas of pension fund administration, labour risk, life and property insurance, and financial services, among others, with some 1,800 employees (2005-2007).
- Minister and Chief of Cabinet of the Ministry of Production of Buenos Aires Province (2005).
- Advisor to the Presidency of the Central Bank of Argentina, responsible for the normative restructuring of the financial system, the design of the bank matching scheme for the payment of the discount window loans and member of the Committee on Monetary Policy (2003-2004).
- Former director of APL Economía, consultancy with Alfonso Prat Gay and Pedro Lacoste.
- Author of two books: Hacia un Federalismo Solidario and Sin Atajos, co-author Javier Gonzalez Fraga, and diverse specialized articles in Argentina and abroad.
- Undergraduate professor at Universidad de San Andrés and graduate professor at Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.